Experience the Alps in the Zillertal
Panoramic mountains, family mountains, leisure mountains & action mountains are the highlight of the Zillertal. This is only topped by the Zillertal Alps Nature Park with its 80 glaciers, deep blue mountain lakes and fragrant alpine pastures. The most diverse skiing areas and the Hintertux Glacier at 3,250 metres above sea level are a delight in winter.
About 40 km east of Innsbruck, the Zillertal branches off as an initially wide valley and leads over 47 km into the massive mountain landscape. At the end, the Zillertal splits into various side valleys with fascinating mountain scenery. Here, the emphasis is on authentic life in harmony with nature and with many traditions and culture. At the gateway to the Zillertal High Mountain Nature Park, with its three-thousand-metre-high peaks, you will be accompanied by these treats of nature and adventure:
- The Gerlos Valley: The connecting road from Tyrol to Salzburg to the Krimml Achental valley with the world-famous Krimml Waterfalls
- The Stillup Basin: A crystal-clear reservoir awaits you in the middle of the most beautiful alpine pasture area. A true paradise for connoisseurs, hikers and bikers
- The mountaineering village of Ginzling: Located in the Zemmgrund at around 1,000 m, this is a paradise for climbers and an ideal starting point for hikes in the high mountain nature park of the Zillertal Alps
- The Zillertal Mountain Road: One of the most beautiful Alpine roads in Austria! Up to 5 access roads can be found between Ried and Hippach. The road leads uphill to an altitude of 2,010 m and guarantees a unique panorama.
- The Tuxertal valley: Everyone knows the famous Hinterux Glacier. Past alpine villages, the Tuxertal valley ends after about 15 km at the glacier lifts. Fun on the pistes can be enjoyed here all year round!
Holiday fun is guaranteed in the 4 holiday regions
From "Fügen-Kaltenbach" to "Zell-Gerlos", on to "Mayerhofen-Hippach" and "Tux-Finkenberg", there is plenty of action, but also enjoyment. Let the beauty of the largely pristine nature enchant you, tempt you to sweet idleness and to enjoy this paradise in one of Austria’s most beautiful landscapes.