Chalet for 4 to 6 people at 1.810 m
3-room chalet, 1 floor, approx. 60 m², 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, wood oven for cooking and heating, fireplace with viewing window, collection of books, radio, room to lock away bikes or skis, car park for 2 to 3 cars, terrace with furniture, loungers, sun umbrella, gas barbecue, wood storage area, water trough;
Energy: Electricity from photovoltaics (use responsibly)
Heating: Wood oven and fireplace with viewing window
Water: Spring with drinking water quality, hot water via e-boiler (use responsibly)
Location: Sunny mountain location with a beautiful panoramic view of the neighbouring South Tyrolean Dolomites
Altitude: 1.810 Hm
Arrival: In summer: Direct access with regular cars possible without problems, lowered cars have more difficult conditions. Alternatively, you can park your car in the valley and the landlord will help you during your arrival and departure. You can also arrange other trips with the landlord for a charge. In winter it’s generally not possible to drive to the property. You can only reach the chalet on snow shoes or touring skis. The landlord can drive to around 5 km below the chalet by car. From here it will take around 1.5 hours. If you set off directly from the valley it will take approx. 2.5 hours - therefore, if possible, arrive no later than 2:00 p.m.
Found your piece of holiday happiness? Your top 3 holiday facts.
- Modern mountain chalet, fireplace
- Outdoor bath
- Winter touring ski paradise
You know that sensation of really feeling at home? When you arrive and know that you don’t want to leave?
Come to this beautiful chalet for your holiday and you can be sure that you’ll enjoy spending the nicest time of your year here.
The chalet is in the East Tyrolean Puster Valley, just a stone’s throw away from South Tyrol. You can clearly sense the Mediterranean influences here and the “Dolce Vita” is celebrated in Sillian.
Start in and around your holiday home. In 2021, Erna & Wolfgang took the decision to turn this mountain chalet into something special. They rolled up their sleeves and created a place to retreat with a great deal of skill and craftsmanship. A place with numerous highlights and great attention to detail.
A tasteful combination of modern and traditional:
- Old floorboards & modern wall panelling made from local woods
- Modern materials in the bathrooms – a combination of waste wood, stone and large tiles -> the highlight is the artistically designed sink and the exposed concrete with a wood finish.
- A kitchen straight out of a design catalogue with a wood oven with a viewing window. It also has a wood stove for cooking and heating that is typical for the region. Positioned in the middle of the room, the stove is the heart of the kitchen/living area and guaranteed to catch the eye.
- The living area itself is like the best seat in the house. The chalet walls were replaced with large panoramic windows, so you can enjoy views over the cosy terrace and far into the South Tyrolean Dolomites.
- The generous alpine-style bedrooms with modern solid wood beds and a special light design ensure that you’ll enjoy a great night’s sleep. Thanks to the room height, the specially created gallery with a bunk bed goes right up to the roof truss.
Summer retreat in East Tyrol
The sun terrace is a place to relax. Barbecues, breakfast, brunch – everything tastes much better with these views. Plan your hiking and mountain bike tours directly from the chalet. Bikers and e-bikers will find their paradise for pedal knights here. The region has become a real insider tip with around 600 km of cycling tours.Visit the two crystal-clear mountain lakes nearby. Enjoy some regional delicacies while taking a break at the Turntaler chalet on the Gadeinalm. Take on your next summit experience on the Parggenspitze.
Your winter break in a winter wonderland
A place of longing for people who enjoy life. You can reach your home in the mountains on touring skis and snow shoes. You’ll forget about your daily routine and leave the stress and hustle and bustle of daily life behind you. Tramp along the deep snow on the path while the snow crystals glisten in the sunshine. The wood oven creates a cosy atmosphere and a warm mulled wine will heat you up from the inside.
End your day on the best seat in the house. Your direct neighbours (e.g. deer, rabbits and foxes) are happy to let you watch them. It’s fascinating how close the animals come here.
You can plan your ski tours and winter hiking routes with Wolfgang when you arrive. He knows the area like the back of his hand. The landlady Erna is also happy to provide the children with sleds, slides and bobsleds on site. If you want, you can also borrow snowshoes from her. There are enough for young and old - so nothing stands in the way of winter fun.
Tip: The Wichtelpark, to the south of the Drau, offers adventure for young and old. A playground, high rope course and mini golf course provide fun and action.
- Lounge area with seating corner, 2 wing chairs and panoramic window, kitchen block with sink, filter coffee machine, wood oven for cooking and heating, fireplace with viewing window
- Bathroom with walk-in shower and sink
- Separate WC with sink
- 2x bedrooms with one place to sleep on the gallery
- Access to the stable building with hay warehouse, utility room, fridge with small freezer