Alpine house for up to 18 people at an altitude of 1300 m
9-room self catering hut on 3 floors, 7 bedrooms, approx. 180 m², radio, balcony, parking space, barbecue area, garden table and chairs, outdoor toilet for summer use
Heating: Wood burning stove and oven, electric heaters in the bedrooms
Water: Electric boiler in the bathroom, wood burning stove for hot water in the kitchen
Location: In the middle of a beautiful mountain scenery, right on the Felbertauern Pass.
Altitude: 1.300 Hm
Arrival: Via a gravel road, good winter equipment required. However, the road is usually well cleared.
Found your piece of holiday happiness? Your top 3 holiday facts.
- Unique property from 1776
- Lounge area with Swiss pine, barn
- Organic farm produce
The rustic farm with alpine hut character was first mentioned in a document in 1776. The farm is a tip for anyone who loves nature, tradition and authenticity. The alpine hut is surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery and is located directly at the Felbertauern Pass, only a few kilometres away from Matrei. A brook rushes along not far away from the 2-ha flat meadowland. The farm has been renovated in part, keeping many of the original elements. Very old beams still stretch across the building. Dark, almost black wood dominates the very rustic kitchen. Warm Swiss pine wood radiates a homely atmosphere in the comfy living room and invites to cosy get-togethers; just like the farmers used to do after work in the olden days. Cows are still kept in the farm-own stables but they spend the summer on the upper alpine pasture where they look forward to every visit from the valley.
Around 150 km of pistes in 7 award-winning ski resorts and an incredible 266 three thousand metres high mountains are waiting for ski and winter sports fan here. The SkiHit ski pass attracts with child tariffs for children up to the age of 18. This is a saving in your holiday budget and gets teenagers to enjoy skiing at fair tariffs.
The Hohe Tauern National Park with the peak of the Grossglockner in 3.798 m above sea level, looking majestically down into the valley, offers almost endless possibilities to experience precious nature. The Großglocknerresort is an ideal starting point. Impressive glaciers, Europe’s first Water Theme Trail and the largest national park in Central Europe invite to a discovery tour.
Our tip: The owner is a dedicated and passionate farmwoman. Use this opportunity to buy homemade sausages, bacon, eggs from happy chicken, milk, cheese and schnapps. Everything goat, cow, chicken and garden provide is turned into delicious top-quality specialities here.
- Large entrance hall with cloakroom (up to 18 persons)
- Kitchen with wood-burning stove, radio, comfortable seating area (10 persons)
- Access to a large pantry with 4-hob electric cooker with oven, large fridge with freezer compartment, bread slicer, coffee machine
- Living room with seating area (18 persons) and bed (above the wood burning stove - no sleeping place)
- 1x bedroom with double bed (both these rooms are heated from the wood burning stove)
- 1x bathroom with bath and WC (Hot water heated by the wood burning stove)
- 1x 5-bed room (2x bunk beds, 1x single bed)
- 1x 4-bed room (1x double bed, 2x single bed)
- 1x 3-bed room (1x double bed, 1x single bed)
New area, 1st floor
- Living room/bedroom all in wood, with gallery, single bed, small seating
- Access with ladder to gallery with sleeping deck for up to 4 people
- 1x shower/WC – electric boiler
2nd floor (under the eaves)
- 1x double room
- 1x 3-bed room