Alpine hut for 2 to 5 persons at 1,020 m
2-room holiday hut on 2 floors, approx. 40 m², living room, attic with mattress dormitory for 3 persons, outdoor bathtub, radio, book collection, games collection, furnished terrace, loungers, parasol, charcoal grill, pizza oven, campfire place with goulash pot. Wood storage. Summer: parking approx. 150 m from the hut, winter: car park approx. 500 m from the hut. No excessive parties, please.
Heating: Wood burner, infrared heating
Water: Spring water of drinking water quality, hot water can be heated via wood burner (also for outdoor bathtub or shower)
Location: Sunny location, directly by the stream in the forests of the Bodental valley
Altitude: 1020 Hm
Arrival: Easy arrival via asphalted mountain road - good winter tyres and snow chains are recommended in winter.
Found your piece of holiday happiness? Your top 3 holiday facts.
- Idyllic forest hut by the stream
- Outdoor bathtub, pizza oven
- Near "eye of the sea" pond
Do you know the feeling of standing in a small clearing in a dense forest, taking a really deep breath?
With each breath you inhale crystal-clear, fresh, mossy-scented forest air. You are surrounded by the woozy sounds of the forest: the babbling brook, the chirping birds and the wind that makes the leaves rustle.
You don't know that feeling? It's borderline brilliant, and just the idea of it gives you goosebumps.
Come to the Bodental valley in Carinthia and witness the effect of the power place "forest".
Your gingerbread house in the fairytale forest
The Bodental valley is a pearl of nature in Ferlach, Austria’s southernmost town. The valley is known for the region’s wild and romantic highlights. The "fairytale meadow", for example, which is only a few minutes' walk from your holiday home, is said to be magical and have mystical powers. Situated at around 1,157 m, it is one of the most beautiful and romantic Alpine meadows with a unique variety of flowers and grasses.
- Starting from your parking space, the developed forest path leads you for about 150 m until you reach the clearing, revealing your log cabin.
- The dark, solid wooden beams of the façade contrast the bright yellow shutters.
- Along the babbling stream, past the idyllic campfire place, individual wooden steps lead to the modern pizza oven and the inviting wooden terrace. Attention, parents: Although the handrail is made of solid wires and provides a stable boundary, it is not sufficiently safe to prevent children from falling off.
- Here you have a wonderful viewing platform and can relax and watch what is happening in the forest. Red deer, foxes but also the black stork, blackbirds, and small forest animals such as squirrels or rabbits and many others are your natural neighbours here. The owners are happy to provide some bird food for the songbirds, and nuts for the animals to snack on. It is fantastic how close they come to the hut in their habitat.
The rooms of your hut are very cosy
The living room, consisting of a small but beautiful kitchenette, a large sofa bed and a quaint dining area with bench, is the centre of the hut. The wood burner and the heating panel provide cosy warmth in the cold season.
You can reach the attic via a steep but stable ladder staircase. Here you can look forward to a good night’s sleep in the cosy dormitory.
Another highlight is the outdoor bath of the hut!
In summer and autumn, you can use the wood burner to heat the water for your bath in the outdoor bathtub and literally take a "forest bath".
Where can you find something like that? In winter, wash bowls are available in the hut just like in the old days - the water is heated on the cooker.
The babbling forest stream below your hut is also absolutely refreshing. You reach it through a small garden gate. Crystal-clear, icy cold, lively water to build a dam, send little boats into the world and simply splash around and enjoy. That is nature's comfort.
Looking into the eye of the sea is an absolute must. This is a visit that will overwhelm you. This attraction is a pond left over from the ice age. Very special algae give the water a turquoise colour, which makes the pond so special and unique. You can reach the eye of the sea within a few minutes' walk from your hut. If you are looking for information and details about the power places in the area, just talk to the hut’s owner. He will have some great tips for you!
If you feel like a bit more action and hustle and bustle, then is Carinthia's capital Klagenfurt or the famous Lake Wörthersee not far away – it only takes a 30-minute drive.
Winter in the forest is something special
There is something magical about it when the sun peeks through the trees in the cold season, and the glittering flakes flutter from the branches. It becomes very quiet and only the babbling of the freezing stream penetrates the air. Nature lovers appreciate and enjoy the here and now.
The Bodental valley is a wonderful ski touring area and has an extensive network of tracks for fans of cross-country skiing. Kids have great fun on tobogganing excursions. The hut’s owners recommend full moon tobogganing. With a headlamp and a Thermos® flask of tea, you plod uphill on the track, just to whizz back down into the valley in the fantastic light of the full moon. A unique experience indeed.
A small ski resort "at Sereinig’s" is ideally designed for families. With a magic carpet and baby lift, the first turns are enjoyed on the piste here.
Tip: Now it's getting loud and action-packed for a change! The Tschepper Gorge is only a few minutes' drive away. Thundering waterfalls and a climbing park are waiting to be discovered by you.
- Anteroom. Wall box with natural cooling for food.
- Living room with sitting area, divan (sleeping place for 2 persons), radio. Kitchen with wood burner (for cooking and heating), integrated oven, electric hotplates, sink, cafetière, kettle.
- Washbasin and toilet
Upper floor: (ascent via narrow, steep ladder - sure-footedness required)
- Bedroom with mattress dormitory for 3 persons
- Boiler for heating outdoor bathtub. Pizza oven. Campfire place with goulash pot.