House for 6 to 10 persons
5-room house for single-party occupancy, partly fenced-in property, 7 parking spaces, approx. 160 m², 2 floors, gallery, bathroom, 1 separate toilet, cable TV, WLAN, CD player, game collection, washing machine, tumble dryer, tiled stove (not for use), furnished terrace, well basin, sun lounger, parasol, charcoal grill
Energy: Electricity from house-own small hydropower plant
Location: District of Wenns in Bramberg – practicing ski lift 100 m away
Altitude: 830 Hm
Arrival: Easy access via the federal highway. In winter, we recommend using good winter tyres and snow chains.
Found your piece of holiday happiness? Your top 3 holiday facts.
- Renovated mill 1776
- Own electricity production
- 100 m to the ski lift
Everybody is talking about it: green footprint, CO² neutral travel, flight shame, sustainability and much more. Almost everyone feels the need to save the world and wants to do their part.
You also have the opportunity here and now to look after your environment on your holiday.
How it works? So:
You will find yourself in an old mill dating back to 1776, which has been completely renovated during the period 2017 - 2019. The old, historical walls were preserved and, in some cases, old wooden beams could be recycled and reused. Millstones from this period now support new table tops. The mill is still working today, but in a completely new way. Today, the electricity for the house is generated here. The concept ensures the self-sufficient existence of the owners, who attach particular importance to "green" electricity from hydropower. The steady whirring behind the generator room is the acoustic proof of this.
It is the details that make the "new" mill so special
- Creaking wooden doors
- An impressive tiled stove, a masterpiece from the master stove setter
- Large, bright and spacious rooms with a lot of high-quality carpentry
- Charming elevated lounge area for relaxing moments
- Comfortable dormitory for the kids on the viewing platform
The facilities are of high quality, comfortable and leave nothing to be desired
Washing machine and tumble dryer – sportsmen and women and mountain fans will be delighted!
A kitchen fairy’s dream - you can cook here, but you don't have to. The charming town centre of Bramberg is only 500 m away.
Your summer in the Hohe Tauern National Park
There is plenty to do between the Kitzbühel Alps and the Hohe Tauern National Park. Hiking and mountain bike tours full of variety are the classics. Especially the eyes of the kids will brighten up when they hear about the new panorama or slide trail. The Kogel-Mogel Adventure Arena and the
unique mountain-cart track guarantee winners’ poses ... even for the adults.
Fun on the pistes and winter magic in the Wildkogel Arena
When you get off the gondola in 2,100 m above sea level and let the panorama impression take effect on you, you will be rewarded with an overwhelming view to the many 3,000m high mountains of the Hohe Tauern. In the middle of the Kitzbühel Alps, you will find the best conditions for an unforgettable winter holiday in the mountains. The ski resort on the Wildkogel has received many awards and is ideal for families, beginners and those who are taking up skiing again after a break. Other well-known ski resorts, such as the Zillertal Arena and the Kitzbühel Alps ski resort, offer around 300 kilometres of pistes.
By the way: For practicing, you best visit our glacier. The "Wenns Glacier", with a small ski lift, is only 100 m away from your mill. There is also a popular cross-country ski track that runs past the "glacier".
Tip: Here is a small list of experiences to plan for your holiday:
- The world’s longest illuminated toboggan run, with a length of 14 km, ends directly in Bramberg.
- Must visit: Krimml Waterfalls – spectacular also in winter
- The Grossglockner High Alpine Road - the way to Austria's landmark
- Mittersill National Park Worlds – top tip for bad weather days
- Anteroom with coat rack, washing machine and dryer
- Kitchen with oven, ceramic hob, extractor fan, sink, dishwasher, refrigerator with freezer compartment, filter coffee machine and kettle, seating area, pantry with microwave
- Bathroom with washbasin, walk-in shower, electric towel dryer, toilet and urinal
- Separate toilet with washbasin
- Living room with large dining table, gallery with 2 sleeping places, and another large table with seating, flat screen TV
- Bedroom with double bed and single bed
- Bedroom with bunk bed
- Bedroom with double bed and single bed, access to the balcony
- Bedroom with double bed and bunk bed