Hut for 2 to 4 persons in 1,540 m above sea level
3-room hut for single-party occupancy, approx. 50 m², 1 floor, balcony, 2 bedrooms, bathroom with hip bath and toilet, radio, games collection, electric stove, parasol, lockable storage room for bikes. 2 parking spaces directly at the hut
Heating: Electric stove
Water: Hut-own well with water of drinking water quality, hot water through E-boiler
Location: Lago di Carezza! In a sunny mountain location with view to Rosengarten and Latemar
Altitude: 1540 Hm
Arrival: Easy access via a forest road.
This romantic hut in log cabin style is surrounded by the World Heritage site Dolomites, with top view to Rosengarten and Latemar. The impressive Lago di Carezza, with its interplay of colours, is the landmark of the Eggental Valley holiday region. As Almliesl guest, you are only 1 kilometre away from this legendary ‘rainbow lake’, which is apparently home of a mermaid. The hiking tour along the Templ Trail through the Karerwald forest to the lake is very popular with families.
Romantic hut at Lago di Carezza
The quaint alpine hut is in part brick-built, but massive ‘sun kissed‘ logs have also been used in the construction of the building. The small creaking, old sun bench was already used by the farmer as place for his break from working on the fields many years ago. The sturdy entrance door is not only used for the tradition of writing the initials of the Three Wise Men above the main door, many couples in love also left their initials for posterity. The sunburnt balcony has been enclosed by a large, moveable glass front, thus providing protection against wind and weather. Even the big storm in 2018, cutting down countless trees and changing the landscape, could not harm this hut. In fact, the small forest cabin turned into an alpine hut with panoramic view. The surrounding area has now recovered well from the storm of the century.
Parts of the hut have been renovated, but none of its original charm has been lost.
- A solid wood kitchen,
- parquet flooring
- and wood panelling radiate a homely living atmosphere.
- With the view to the surrounding South Tyrolean mountain world, everyday stress is easily forgotten.
- The bathroom brings a smile to your face because the shower turns out to be a charming mini bathtub.
This alpine hut is a retreat. Without the permanent influence of TV and internet, you will easily relax. And there is surely no time for boredom here! Countless hiking routes and mountain bike trails, top places for picking mushrooms and berries and even imperial culture and history offer plenty of variety.
Almliesl‘s hiking tips:
- The Latemar crossing leads from the Reiterjoch across the Latemar Peak to the village of Karersee. Climbing the highest elevation, the Diamantiditurm (Cimon del Latemars, 2,842 m) is also a tour option.
And the famous Labyrinth, leading uphill through a confusing maze of boulders, is situated above Lago di Carezza.
- The Rosengarten Mountains can be enjoyed on a beautiful circular hiking trail. For this, you start either from the Kölner Hut or Paolina Hut; both are accessible by chairlift.
- There are several vie ferrate in the Rosengarten Mountains. One of them is the Masarè Via Ferrata, which connects the Rotwand Hut with the Vajolon Pass. The pass is crossed using the Rotwand Via Ferrata and the Santner Via Ferrata, which in turn connects the Kölner Hut with the Santnerpass Hut.