Mountain hut for up to 9 people, at an altitude of 1200 m
Approx. 90 m² over 2 floors, satellite TV, covered porch area, small living room, pantry, “cowshed room”, 4 bedrooms, bath, shower, WC, earth cellar, seating and barbecue outside the hut, spring, parking.
Energy: Gas, electricity for max. 700 watt
Heating: Wood-burning stove, 2 gas stoves
Water: Small gas boiler
Location: 8km from Wörth
Altitude: 1200 Hm
Arrival: Starting from the owner’s farm, you will be accompanied by the owner across a short gravel road directly to the hut.
Found your piece of holiday happiness? Your top 3 holiday facts.
- Original 16th century features
- Modern 21st century features
- Dogs welcome
This ancient alpine hut is a real original from the 16th century and is located in Bucheben in the National Park region of Rauris. Quaint and in a secluded location with a beautiful mountain view, plenty of aromatic mountain air and sunshine from morning until evening.
The owner has preserved the hut lovingly and with a great deal of time and effort. Many collector’s items (butter centrifuge, butter vat, cheese press …) of past times are on display in the hut. The black smoke of the quaint fireplace has darkened the wood panels in the rooms. Creaking wood, low-ceiling rooms, skewed wooden floors and narrow, steep ladders lead to the individual rooms and lounges. The cosy “cowshed“ lounge or the open-plan lounge with kitchen invite to get-togethers in the evening. Food is kept cold and fresh in the original earth cellar just like in the olden days. This hut holiday is like a journey back in time. But you don’t have to go without certain luxuries of the 21st century like cable TV, coffee machine and sanitary facilities like shower and toilet. This hut offers everything you need for relaxation after a day of extensive hiking.
In front of the hut is a well with drinking water, a barbeque area and several seating facilities. The beautiful panoramic view to the surrounding mountains – like the Schafkopf, Edlenkopf, Ritterkopf or the Schareck, can be enjoyed here.
Our tip: This place is like a discovery tour especially for children. There is plenty of space for exploring and playing in the surroundings of the fenced property.
- Covered porch area with seating, open fire place (cannot be lit for safety reasons), gas stove
- “Cowshed room” with seating for 10 people, gas stove
- 1 x 3-bed room (double bed 140 cm wide, and single bed), washing trough with hot and cold water
- separate shower, separate WC, 2x wash basin separate bath
- Earth cellar for keeping food cool and fresh (please store food in containers)
- Pantry– small room with sink, draining board, work surface, and access into the..
- Small living room – with 4 hob gas stove, oven, wood burning stove with hob and oven, Sat TV, coffee pot with filter attachment, table for approx. 10.
- 1 Bedroom (140 cm wide double bed)
- 1 Bedroom with a bed that is about 100 years old (width:190 cm, length: 190 cm)
- 1 Bedroom with a “normal” double bed