Chalet for 4 to 8 people on 1.545 m
6-room chalet for sole occupancy, approx. 120 m², 2 floors, enclosed property, car park for 2-3 cars, 4 bedrooms, separate WC, collection of games, wood-fired oven, terrace with furniture, sun umbrella, sun loungers, fireplace, storage area for wood, water trough, rustic garden shower (water is heated by the sun – capacity approx. 150 litres)
No stress when arriving for 7-day bookings: Thursday - Thursday
Energy: No electricity in the chalet! Emergency power generator available if required. Please bring your own lighting (solar lamps - 2 are available, torches, candles)!
Heating: Wood-fired oven for cooking and heating
Water: Property has a spring with drinking water quality
Location: Sunny, mountain location on the “Salzburger Almenweg”
Altitude: 1.545 Hm
You’ll hardly be able to believe your luck when in the midst of alpine roses, gentians and twinflowers!
It’s a privilege to spend your holiday in the heart of the “valley of the alpine huts”, surrounded by crystal-clear mountain lakes and impressive summits. Your holiday accommodation is like a part of nature itself – rustic and original.
Your mountain chalet is “so genuine!”, so special and so unique!
Calm and attentiveness are important here. You can spend time enjoying the important things in life and appreciate having a break from the stress of the daily routine.
Enjoy going “back to the roots”
- The chalet was built in 1947 and has no electricity. Simply turning your back on electricity is a special experience.
- Cook and heat like the old farm workers. It‘s said that a modern induction cooker can’t prepare dishes as well as an original wood-fired oven.
- A bit of culture is provided by a cheese vat in the dining area that is fit for a museum. It was once used for producing the finest Großarl cheese.
What the mountain chalet also has to offer
- “Cool” shower INSIDE the chalet, warm alpine shower (water heated by the sun) OUTSIDE the chalet with panoramic views. If you want to enjoy a warm shower experience inside the chalet, you can heat the water in advance using the wood-fired oven.
- Modern, stylish kitchen
- Well with cold drinking water – ideal for cooling drinks
- Furry neighbours! You’ll see the beloved and timid marmots scurrying around your chalet and can capture their attention by whistling loudly.
- Your private romantic chapel. “It may not help but it won’t do any harm” – some quick prayers have already achieved a lot ;)
Your mountain chalet rises above the Großarl Valley directly on the “Salzburger Almenweg”, a well-networked hiking trail through the Salzburg Pongau with more than 350 kilometres to be explored. The “valley of the alpine huts” is particularly popular with hiking enthusiasts who want to enjoy some culinary delights in the many huts.
Your next culinary treat is just 800 m away from your holiday chalet
Gerlinde, the chalet’s owner, has the best insider tips so that you can leave your cooking equipment to one side. For example:
- The Karseggalm: everything here is ORGANIC and handmade. People say that it’s home to the best “Jause” in all Großarl.
- The Maurachalm is also only 15 minutes away
- and it takes approximately 1 hour to get to the Unterwandalm. The farmer himself provides the musical backdrop and the chalet evenings are well-known in the region.
Tip: The Geisterberg Adventure Mountain in the alpine village in St. Johann and Wagraini’s Grafenberg in Wagrain are two adventure mountains in the Snow Space Salzburg holiday region. Action for young and old is guaranteed in the summer months. Water games, climbing towers, swings and slides provide lots of fun! Gerlinde recommends the educational KUHbidu adventure trail that leads up to the popular Großunterbergalm.