Alpine hut for 8 to 14 persons in 1,175 m
7-room hut for single-party occupancy, dogs welcome (but lead is mandatory), ca. 200 m², 2 floors, in part with balcony, 5 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with hip bathtub, 2 sep. toilets, sauna with shower, radio, games collection, woodburning stove, furnished terrace, parasol, loungers, brick-built grill, wood storage, storage room for skis. Amble parking directly at the hut
Energy: Electricity from the power generator and photovoltaic
Heating: Woodburning stove for cooking and heating in the living room, fireplace (2 m³ firewood, including several m³ of wood for Euro 30.00)
Water: Hut-own spring of drinking water quality, hot water heated through e-boiler
Location: Sunny, solitary mountain location
Altitude: 1200 Hm
Arrival: 3 km via an unsurfaced mountain road. Access with own car possible. In case of snow, winter tyres and snow chains necessary.
Found your piece of holiday happiness? Your top 3 holiday facts.
- Secluded location, ski touring fans
- Cosy sauna
- Open fireplace, lounge area
You have finally arrived! Looking forward to your imminent hut holiday, this dream of a holiday is at your fingertips.
Your hut high above the Gastein Valley has everything you wish for and more:
- You can take your car directly to the hut’s doorstep when you arrive. But don’t forget the snow chains!
- Fresh snow crunches under your shoes on the last steps to the hut with its rustic facade.
- You, your family, your friends – there is space for everyone in the wonderful solid-wood beds of the individual rooms.
- The very cosy living room is heated by a wonderful fireplace and offers plenty of space for parties, game evenings or simply relaxed get-togethers.
- The sauna is the hut’s highlight. It will make you sweat when thick snowflakes silently float past the window into the valley.
There is always time for great fun!
The day starts with a hot coffee and taking a deep breath of fresh air. The crystal-clear air revitalises tired minds, thus you grab the touring skis or snowshoes and plod through the snow full of energy. The ski tour to the Hahnbalzköpfl, including summit experience, is highly recommended.
If the snow situation is good, then you should make your way into the valley by toboggan. It’s just so much fun!
The quaint woodburning stove in the kitchen is perfect for cooking regional dishes. How about it? Why not try making the tasty cheese spaetzle? Find the recipe here
Skiing holiday in Gastein Valley
From the doorstep of your hut, you can enjoy a view far across Gastein Valley. It reaches from Bad Gastein via Dorfgastein to Bad Hofgastein. The valley is one of the longest Tauern Valleys and offers over 200 well-groomed pistes in winter. Apart from that, the thermal springs with valuable healing substances but also the ”Monaco of the Alps“, as Bad Gastein is also known, have made this region famous around the world.
By the way: Much time and effort has been invested to bring the desired comfort to this hut in dizzy heights. The required electricity is generated by a diesel generator and solar power. If more than the average electricity is used, then the additional hours will be charged separately: The estimated average consumption per week is 25h to 30h. There are no additional charges for usage up to 30h. A charge of Euro 4.00 for every additional hour used applies from 30h.
- Big farmhouse living room with radio and woodburning stove (integrated oven) for cooking and heating, fireplace with viewing panel, seating for approx. 30 persons
- Small living room, seating for approx. 8 persons
- Large kitchen with oven, 4-hob ceramic cooktop, sink, dishwasher, coffee filter top
- Utility room
- Seperate toilet and sink
- Sauna with shower and sink
- Seperate toilet
- Bathroom with hip bathtub and sink
- Bedroom with double bed
- Bedroom with double bed and single bed
- Bedroom with 2 double beds, access to balcony
- Bedroom with double bed and bunkbed
- Bedroom with 2 double beds and 1 single bed, access to balcony
Earth cellar for keeping food fresh
- Furnished terrace