Holiday home for up to 10 people across 830 m
6-room farmhouse on 2 floors, approx. 150 m², 5 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, separate WC, kitchen, utility room, SAT-TV, washing machine, additional shower, storage area for wood, car park for max. 2-3 cars, terrace with garden furniture, sun lounger, charcoal grill
Heating: Central heating
Water: Spring water with drinking water quality – water can be heated using the wood-fired oven (water vessel)
Location: Weitenau – quiet, sunny location (situated between 2 farms)
Altitude: 830 Hm
Arrival: Easy access via an asphalted mountain road
Embedded between gentle hills and the steep, craggy cliffs of the Tennen Mountains, an active holiday here is more than just hikes on the alpine meadows and summits or bike tours. Here in the Tennengau region you can follow the history-steeped trail of the Salzkammergut to Hallstatt and Berchtesgaden.
Experience calm and nature in your cosy holiday home
You’ll stay in an old, typical farmhouse surrounded by neighbouring farms, expansive fields and woods. The house is cosy without any frills but with lots of rural charm.
- The heart of the farmhouse is the large dining area with a tiled oven, ideal for spending time together with friends and family.
- You can try out the original wood-fired oven in the kitchen. The owner will give you tips and tricks for creating the best delicacies – mainly using home-made products directly from the farm. You can buy milk, eggs, bread & jam here and enjoy the best organic meat in autumn.
- You should definitely take advantage of the offering from the family’s daughter. She is a locally known medical masseuse and her extensive programme of cosmetic treatments, manicures and pedicures is very popular. We recommend asking about the best relaxing treatment for you upon arrival.
Don’t forget that the city of Salzburg is only 1 hour away from Abtenau by car. There you’ll find numerous cultural, artistic and culinary highlights.
In and around Abtenau, between the Karkogel and Postalm, you can enjoy summer tobogganing, rafting or canyoning. The Rußbacher Hornbahn in Bruno’s Mountain World promises fun and action for kids. There’s no time for boredom at adventure stations with excellent views of the Dachstein, Gosaukamm and Tennen Mountains.
On a winter holiday in the Tennen Mountains, you inevitably think of the Dachstein West Ski Association. Free ski buses transport you the 20 km to the top ski region with 160 kilometres of well-prepared slopes.
The Abtenau ski regions of Karkogel and Sonnleiten are particularly popular among families. But touring ski fans and day-and-night tobogganists will also be more than satisfied with what’s on offer.
- For a light meal: Grubbachwirt in 3.5 km
- Circular hiking trail with places to eat in St. Koloman
- Visit to the Lammer Gorge in Scheffau approx. 7 km
- Hike on the local mountain: Schwarzerberg
- Idyllic hike (around 45 minutes) to Lake Seewald on the Trattberg
- Trip to the Postalm pasture region
Tip: Once the snow has melted in spring it forms a special waterfall in Scheffau – the “Winnerfall”. The roaring water only falls as a waterfall for a few weeks and it’s a spectacular sight. How will you find the magical waterfall? Simply follow the heart trail!